WAX TREATMENT AFTERCARE
Immediately after treatment, the area may be red or slightly inflamed, this should subside within 24 hours. Please wear loose fitted clothing for 24 hours.
After your treatment we apply a cooling lotion containing calming and antibacterial properties, using cold damp flannels will further calm the area at home.
For the next 24 hours please avoid the following
- Exercise, especially swimming
- Apply any heat or friction to the skin whatsoever.
- Hot showers, steam rooms, saunas, sunbathing or sunbeds, anything that may involve heat or UV rays.
- Anti-perspirants, deodorants, cologne, aftershave or talcum powder to the treated area
- Try not to scratch or touch the treated area to avoid infecting the open pores
- Applying lotions or creams to the treated area this may infect the open pores
Please book waxing treatments for holidays at least 48 hours prior to departure.
You may experience a slight breakout after your first treatment. This is very common, the skin is repairing and expelling any impurities. Keep the area clean, avoid touching, scratching or picking.
Please allow 2-3 days after waxing before exfoliating. This will minimise ingrowing hairs and keep the skin feeling smooth and soft.
Continue to exfoliate once or twice per week, paying particular attention to close fit clothing areas like waist band, shirt collars, wrists, ankles and underwear.
Everyone’s hair grows at different rates, we normally advise to book your next treatment between 4-6 weeks. Regular treatments stop the root becoming established and stronger, so waxing will become less painful.
Regrowth will vary for your initial first few treatments. Hair growth will be at different stages and will take 2 or 3 treatments before all hair growth is at the same stage. Ideally you should only notice regrowth 7-10 days prior to your next appointment.
In the case of an adverse reaction:
- Contact us at email@example.com or call 01252 7112276.
- Apply antiseptic cream to the treated areas 3 times in the 24 hours following treatment.
- If your skin feels hot after treatment, bathe with a cold salt-water solution regularly in the hours following treatment, this will reduce inflammation and seed up the healing process.
- Seek GP advice if required.